NQT Induction programme
The NQT Induction Programme provides high quality support to NQTs in their first year of teaching through a series of workshops. This programme enables NQTs to develop strong links with both the University and colleagues in local schools to promote knowledge exchange and enrich their teaching practice. This programme is offered through OTSA.
The NQT Induction Programme benefits the professional development of NQTs in your school by enhancing their teaching practice and ultimately enriching pupil learning. The wealth of skills and knowledge the NQTs acquire can be shared with colleagues in school.
Full details of the programme are here. Bookings need to be made through OTSA, and discounts are available for multiple NQTs from the same school.
NQT Induction Programme 2018-19
The programme consists of 6 sessions taking place on Wednesdays throughout the academic year between 4:30-6:30pm. This years course topics are:
- Managing your time and the range of your responsibilities: choosing your challenges and making conscious compromises
- Designing engaging and inclusive tasks
- Differentiation in a diverse classroom
- Managing marking: effective forms of feedback for you and your students
- Evidence-informed teaching: making effective and appropriate use of (research) evidence
- Professional and career development: planning your next steps
2018-19 programme dates are:
- Wednesday 31st October
- Wednesday 12th December
- Wednesday 30th January
- Wednesday 13th March
- Wednesday 1st May
- Wednesday 10th July