Early Career Teachers’ Conference
SATURDAY 22 JUNE 2019
This conference is open to all Oxfordshire teachers in their first three years of teaching and to all teachers who have trained within the Oxford Intern Scheme.
The conference will consist of a keynote lecture, a series of workshops for you to choose and a panel discussion exploring different routes in career progression. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The workshops will include opportunities to update your knowledge of the latest educational research and its applicability in practice both in your subject and in other areas of current interest to schools.
Workshops at the last conference included the following:
- Cognitive science & your classroom: Making sense of research claims
- Video recording as a tool for teacher development
- Understanding, preventing, and de-escalating behaviour
- Research perspectives on mindfulness in schools
- Research-informed approaches to enhancing classroom practice
- Unconscious bias: Gender and your classroom
- Subject-specific classroom-based research poster displays
Save the date! Tickets only £30. Further details and how to book will be added here shortly, so keep checking back. In the meantime, you can download the flyer here.