The impact of using technology in the classroom
An investigation into the use of technology in Teaching and Learning and whether this increases levels of engagement.
HOW THE RESEARCH WAS CARRIED OUT
Observation of student using the following technology:
- Google Domain / collaboration
- Apps specifically for MFL Duolingo, Roseta Stone, and others.
- Air Server
and undertaking the following tasks:
- Content creation
FINDINGS – IMPLICATIONS FOR TEACHERS
- technology helps with organisation of the student
- Greater level of work completed within the lessons
- More comfortable with sharing content with the rest of the class, with the use of Air Server.
- Pupils are able to produce improved standards of work both in terms of quantity and quality.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
Impact for students:
- 100% enjoyment in lessons
- Makes work easier
- use of text speech
- making notes
- immediate verbal
- results shared with class
- use of Air Server.
- can share work from your desk
Enhanced MLT (part 2) student