NQT Induction programme
The NQT Induction Programme provides high quality support to NQTs in their first year of teaching through a series of workshops and a conference. This programme enables NQTs to develop strong links with both the University and colleagues in local schools to promote knowledge exchange and enrich their teaching practice. This programme is offered through OTSA.
The NQT Induction Programme benefits the professional development of NQTs in your school by enhancing their teaching practice and ultimately enriching pupil learning. The wealth of skills and knowledge the NQTs acquire can be shared with colleagues in school.
To find out more contact us.
The programme consists of 6 sessions taking place on Wednesdays throughout the academic year between 4:30-6:30pm. This years course topics include:
- Workplace learning – strategies to tackle your current challenges;
- Effective pedagogy and task design;
- Responding to changing policy and practice in secondary schooling;
- Evidence-based teaching;
- Evaluating learning;
- Planning future self-development;
- Towards wider leadership.